Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Good Shepherd


The LORD is my shepherd;
there is nothing I lack.
In green pastures he makes me lie down;
to still waters he leads me;
he restores my soul.
He guides me along right paths
for the sake of his name.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff comfort me.  Psalm 23

I love this psalm.  Honestly in life, how many people can we say we can truly trust and rely on?  For most people, not many.   Of course we have our close family members and friends, but eventually at some point most people will feel let down by someone they trusted.  Not so with God.  He always provides what we need, even when we don't realize we need it.  He shows us where to go if we trust in Him and believe.  He comforts and restores us if we allow Him into our hearts.  He will leave the 99 to come seek out the lost 1 and rejoices when it is found.  He is the true Shepherd and beckons us to follow Him and rely on Him.  How amazing is that, that we can go through life leaning on Him?  We are never alone, we need only ask for His guidance and support.  He always offers His unending love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment