Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Power of Prayer

We received happy news this week.  My eldest son had his Eagle board of review for Eagle Scout and passed! 

As he waited to be called in to the board, I posted in Facebook a request for prayers and within 5 minutes 10 people were already praying.  Before it was over it was at about 20. 
 
As I was saying my rosary in the van outside, I saw a beautiful butterfly land on the veil of the Blessed Virgin Mary statue that was in the grotto before me.  It just sat there, opening and closing it's wings.  It was as if it was a sign that my prayers were being heard and not to worry.

An hour and a half later, he was told he was an Eagle.  10 years worth of work finally paid off and he was so excited.  I know God heard our prayers, as my son had one of the toughest board members on the board quizzing him.  His wits and patience were tested and he passed with flying colors.   

He is such a good son, active in the community, school, and his Parish.  He is definitely a model for Eagle and I'm so glad the board agreed.  Now we get to prepare for the Court of Honor to present him with this award. 

I think God for my friends, who saw and answered my request for prayers.  I thank God for my family and especially my son.  May God bless him in everything he does and everything he attempts to do.  He will go far!

No comments:

Post a Comment