Friday, March 9, 2012

End of the world

I was reading a story on CNN.com about a preacher who was pretty embarrassed when his doomsday predictions didn't come true (twice).  So many people have tried to read the Bible to predict when the end of the world will be.  But while they are trying to pull information out of the Bible to come up with a calculation to the world's end, they unfortunately are missing the point. 


We are not meant to know the exact day of Jesus' return.  We are just told to be prepared by staying watch.  We need to continue to be diligent in following God's Commandments and living as He wishes us to.  Loving and caring for our neighbor, especially the least of His people pleases God.  I'm reminded of Matthew 25

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous­_ will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?  When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?  And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’ 

There are always those in society who will need to be cared for.  There will always be the poor, mentally ill, homeless, and those who seem to struggle more.  When we show caring and support for these people we show love to God.  People can see God through our good deeds.  His light shines through us and we can lead others to Him.  


So rather than being hung up on the end of the world, let's focus on pleasing God and living our life as He wishes.  So when our time has come we will hear Him say "Well done good and faithful servant."  

1 comment:

  1. Jeanette,

    Beautiful, simple sharing. I cannot agree with you more. God Bless and Keep Blogging to touch the world.

    ReplyDelete